Do I need an Instagram account to be an ambassador?
Our monthly ambassador missions rely on using Instagram, so we do require ambassadors have a public, active account. If you're interested in becoming an ambassador and want to ensure you're considered as a fit, having a public Instagram account is the first step. See below for more on applications.
If I'm not approved at first, will my info be kept on file for future consideration?
We do not retain your application information. If you applied and weren't contacted, see below for more on application acceptance.
I applied to be an ambassador but I haven't heard back yet.
If you applied and weren't contacted, there are a few reasons why your application may not have been successful. We personally review each that we receive, and offer these suggestions if you're still interested:
- Your Instagram profile must be public.
- You must already post regularly throughout the week, and have decent engagement (likes and comments) on your posts. You should also be well aware of how to use location and content relevant hashtags to generate interest and reach with your posts.
- You must already showcase your love for the outdoors in the content you post. We want you to be a great fit, but don't want you to entirely change who you are just to do so! Your lifestyle should involve getting up and getting out there, being active, encouraging others, and respecting the beautiful backcountry that Northern BC has to offer.
Re-applying to the program after you've taken time to improve your Instagram profile and feed will help us reconsider an application.
How long can I be an ambassador for?
It's up to you! As long as you're participating in our monthly missions and we're getting along - you're welcome to stay.
What if I want to opt out of the ambassador program?
We'll be sad to see you go, but you're welcome to opt out at any time. Simply shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org saying you'd like to opt out, and provide your Instagram handle so we can remove you from the list.
What are the perks?
You know by now we're less about work and more about play - so we wouldn't ask you to put in effort if we weren't going to give you some type of rewards!
Ambassadors will get:
- Occasional discounts on products and free samples
- Early access to product releases
- The chance to weigh in on product designs through polls before they're even launched
- Access to ambassador-exclusive products
- Features on our Instagram page
Perhaps the best perk of all is that you'll soon discover there is an entire network of like-minded, outdoorsy people that love doing what you do too!